I am interested in the embodiment of social relations, and how it leads to automatic behavior and perceptual symbols. Another interest of mine is virtual reality and the sense of presence felt in virtual environments.
- Intergroup Relations
- Internet and Virtual Psychology
- Nonverbal Behavior
- Self and Identity
- Social Cognition
- Giessner, S. R., & Schubert, T. W. (2007). High in the hierarchy: How vertical location and judgments of leaders' power are interrelated. Organizational Behavior & Human Decision Processes, 104, 30-44.
- Schubert, T. (2005). Your Highness: Vertical positions as perceptual symbols of power. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 89, 1-21.
- Schubert, T. (2004). The power in your hand: Gender differences in bodily feedback from making a fist. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 30(6), 757-769.
- Schubert, T. (2003). The sense of presence in virtual environments: A three-component scale measuring spatial presence, involvement, and realness. Zeitschrift für Medienpsychologie, 15, 69-71.
- Schubert, T., & Häfner, M. (2003). Contrast from social stereotypes in automatic behavior. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 39(6), 577-584.
Thomas W. Schubert
Departamento de Psicologia Social e das Organizações
ISCTE, Lisbon University Institute
Av. Forcas Armadas
- Mobile: +351 912392229
- Fax: +351 21790 30 02